Spaghetti with Beetroot Pesto
Cooking time: 20min, serves 6
- 500g Vetta High Fibre Spaghetti
- 1 large beetroot, peeled
- 3 small cloves of garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup raw walnuts
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 150g fresh rocket
- Extra walnuts and cashews for serving
- Cook pasta according to packet directions in a large pot of salted (optional) boiling water. Drain and set aside.
- Chop beetroot into chunks and place into a steamer full of boiling water. Steam for approximately 30 minutes, or until beetroot is tender. Reserve ¼ cup of cooking water.
- Meanwhile, roughly crush nuts in a food processor/mortar and pestle.
- Into a food processor, add cooked beetroot, Parmesan cheese, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil and blend together to the desired consistency. If pesto is too thick, add a spoonful at a time of the reserved cooking water until the desired consistency is reached.
- Divide pasta and rocket between 2 people, and mix through pesto. Serve with extra walnuts and cashews.