Chilli Basil Passata with SMART Fibre Spaghetti
Cooking time: 20 minutes, serves
- 400g Vetta SMART Fibre Spaghetti
- Half an onion, diced
- 3 x garlic cloves, diced
- 2 x tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and cracked pepper, to serve
- 1 x whole fresh chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 x bunch fresh basil (plus extra for serving)
- 200ml passata sauce
- Parmesan cheese to serve (optional)
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and put aside.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan. Add diced onion and garlic and cook over a medium heat until lightly golden.
- Add passata sauce into frying pan and stir through. Simmer contents of frying pan for 10 minutes.
- Add the basil leaves to the sauce and stir through. Turn off the heat.
- Stir sauce, a splash of olive oil and parmesan cheese through with pasta until well combined.
- To serve, top pasta with chilli, basil leaves, generous amount of grated parmesan and season with salt and cracked pepper.