Classic Meatballs and Chunky Tomato Herb Sauce with SMART Fibre Pasta
Product not available.
Please try the recipe with our SMART Fibre Veg Twists
Cooking time: 25 minutes, serves 4
- 500g Vetta High Fibre Large Spirals
- 400g meatballs (ready made or DIY)
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 2 x tins of crushed tomatoes
- 4 fresh tomatoes, roughly diced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon dry mixed Italian herbs
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 200ml olive oil
- Salt and cracked pepper
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and put aside.
- Place roughly diced tomatoes, tin tomatoes and dry herbs into a pot on medium heat.
- Place garlic, onion, meatballs (season with salt) and a drizzle of olive oil into a pan on medium heat and cook until browned.
- Place contents of pan into pot of sauce and simmer for another 5-10min.
- Add in fresh basil and stir through, leaving enough basil for garnish.
- Pour sauce into cooked pasta and stir through until evenly spread.
- Serve with fresh basil, parmesan, salt and pepper to taste.