Garlic and Prawn with SMART Fibre Penne
Recipe created by @elleshungry
Cooking time: 15 minutes, serves 4
- 500G Vetta SMART Fibre Penne Pasta
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 6 anchovy fillets in oil (drained and chopped)
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 500g grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 TBS tomato paste
- 1 cup (250ml) dry white wine (chardonnay)
- 20 lrg green prawns (peeled, tails intact, deveined)
- 25g unsalted butter
- 50g finely grated parmesan (plus a little extra to serve)
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions, drain however reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Heat the oil in a large deep frypan over medium heat. Add the parsley, garlic, anchovies, chilli if using and 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, stir and cook for 1-2 minutes to soften.
- Add tomato paste and cook for 1-2 minutes, then use a potato masher to slightly crush the tomatoes, for 2-3 minutes, then add the wine and prawns, stir and return to a simmer. Cook for 2-3 minutes until prawns are just cooked through, then stir through the butter. Add the pasta and reserved water, and toss to coat.
- Toss some of the parsley leaves and parmesan through the pasta and season to taste. Serve immediately with extra parmesan.