Hidden Veg Pasta with SMART Fibre Aussie Shapes
Prep: 15 min Cooking time: 50 min, serves 4
- 300g Vetta SMART Fibre Aussie Shapes Pasta
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 capsicums, cleaned and chopped
- 1 x 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp caster sugar (optional)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Parmesan and rocket, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and gently cook the onion, celery, carrots and leek until soft, about 20 mins. Add the capsicums and cook for another 10mins, then add in the tomatoes, sugar and balsamic vinegar. Simmer for at least 20 mins – the longer the better.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water following pack instructions. Meanwhile, blitz the sauce with a hand blender until smooth, season and return to the heat to keep warm while the pasta cooks.
- Drain the pasta and stir through the sauce. Serve in bowls with shaved or grated Parmesan and rocket leaves (optional).