Homemade Spinach Pesto & Olives
Cooking time: 25 minutes, serves 4
- 375g Vetta High Protein Low Carb
- 150g baby spinach
- 100g pine nuts
- ½ brown onion diced
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 150g kalamata olives
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Parmesan to serve
- Salt and Cracked pepper
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and put aside.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan. Add diced, onion and cook over a medium heat until translucent and lightly golden in colour.
- Add whole cherry tomatoes and olives to pan and cook until softened.
- To make pesto: Add to a food processor baby spinach, pine nuts, garlic, salt, cracked pepper and 6 tablespoons of olive oil into a food processor and blend until creamy.
- Add contents of pan and the pesto to cooked pasta and stir through until well combined.
- Serve with a grated parmesan, salt and cracked pepper to taste.