Pan Fried Salmon and Asparagus with Garlic Herb Butter
Cooking time: 25 minutes, serves 4
- 400g Vetta High Fibre Corkscrew
- 1 salmon fillet
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 broccoli floret, cut into bite sized pieces
- 100g goat's cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley, roughly chopped
- Extra parsley for garnish (optional)
- 50g salted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Handful of spinach leaves, blanched
- Heat oil in a frying pan, Pan fry the salmon fillet skin side down till golden, then sear the other sides for approx. 3 min on each side, leaving the salmon a little pink in the middle. Break up into chunks and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions in a large pot of salted, boiling water.
- Meanwhile, blanch the asparagus spears and the broccoli for 5 minutes then heat oil in a frying pan and quick fry on high heat, till tender and slightly charred.
- In a small pot, heat the olive oil and the butter over low heat. Add the garlic and cook till the garlic becomes slightly golden and translucent. Turn off the heat & add the chopped parsley.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the chunks of salmon, cooked pasta, asparagus & broccoli and the garlic butter sauce. Add crumbled goat's cheese and parsley to garnish. Season with salt and pepper.