Peas and Feta with Vetta Rural Aid Penne
Recipe created by @hungrybeargrazing
Prep time: 20min Cooking time: 10 minutes Serves 4
- 400g Vetta Rural Aid Penne
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp hemp oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- 125 grams feta, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, defrosted
- 1/4 cup basil
- Cook penne pasta according to the instructions on the packaging. Drain and let sit.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add the oil and garlic, cook until fragrant.
- Next, add the flour, and whisk to form a paste. Allow this oil-flour paste to cook, whisking constantly, for approx. 1 minute.
- Add milk in slowly, whisking as you go. Turn the heat to medium and stir constantly until the sauce comes to a delicate simmer and thickens slightly.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, until sauce is thick, approx. 3 minutes.
- Add peas and half of the feta to the sauce and stir until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper (if desired).
- Toss the penne into the finished sauce. Salt to taste. Top the finished pasta with basil & the rest of the feta cheese. Enjoy