SMART Fibre Penne with Zucchini and Butter
Cooking time: 30 minutes, serves 4
Inspired by Neil Perry.
- 500g Vetta SMART Fibre Penne
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and thinly sliced
- 150g butter, softened
- Freshly chopped parsley, to serve
- 50g grated parmesan, to serve
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain, reserving a little of the cooking water.
- Cut zucchini into 1cm thick discs.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a frying pan large enough to hold the zucchini in one layer. Add garlic and cook for about one minute or until softened. Add zucchini, season and cook on both sides until zucchini begins to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add half the butter to zucchini, stir and lower the heat. Continue cooking, adding small amounts of the pasta water, if needed, to loosen any bits of zucchini stuck to the pan. Stir and scrape until zucchini slices have become soft and creamy, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in remaining butter and season to taste.
- Add the penne to the zucchini mixture and toss. Season to taste and serve with the chopped parsley and grated parmesan.
*Recipe via Good Food