SMART Fibre Spaghetti with Mussels
Cooking time: 35 minutes, serves 4
- 400g Vetta SMART Fibre Spaghetti
- 1-2kg fresh mussels (depending on how much you like them), washed and debearded
- 1 bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- Garlic thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- 400g fresh cherry tomatoes
- Dried chili flakes
- Salt and cracked pepper
- Lemon, to serve
- Cook pasta just under al dente. Leave a ¼ cup of cooking water in pot, drain the pasta and put aside.
- A good drizzle of oil, add garlic, dried chilli and squeeze tomatoes into a pan on medium heat. Stir through making sure garlic doesn’t burn. Cook until you have a nice sauce.
- Add mussels to pan (if any are already open discard). Give them a quick stir then place the lid on pan and cook until all shells are open. As usual with mussels, if any are still closed after cooking, discard.
- Add parsley to pan and stir through.
- Add sauce to pasta, stir through and cook for a minute or two.
- Serve with cracked pepper and a good squeeze of lemon.