Spaghetti Bolognese and Veggies with Vetta Rural Aid Spaghetti
Cooking time: 45 minutes, serves 4
- 750g Vetta Rural Aid Spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g minced beef
- 2 x 470g canned diced tomatoes
- 2 x diced carrots
- 1 large onion
- 125g mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 100g baby spinach, blanched
- Parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- Parsley (optional)
- Heat oil in a large shallow pan, add the miced beef. Cook, stirring occasionally, until meat is well browned.
- Add the diced tomatoes along with the liquid, peeled and finely chopped onion, diced carrots, sliced mushrooms, crushed garlic, along with the herbs, salt & sugar.
- Bring to the boil, stirring. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 60min or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Turn off the heat and stir in the baby spinach. Set aside.
- Meanwhile cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions. Drain and Stir through with the Bolognese sauce. Serve with Parmesan cheese and parsley.