Cooking time: 25 minutes, serves 4
- 200g Vetta High Fibre Spaghetti
- 1 tins (400g) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 40g butter
- 8 slices of wholemeal bread
- 1 garlic clove thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 table spoon olive oil
- Your choice of grated cheese
- Cook pasta just under al dente as it will continue to cook in jaffle maker.
- Drizzle olive oil, add onion, garlic (optional) and tinned tomatoes into a pan on medium heat. Cook until onion is caramelised.
- Combine cooked pasta with sauce mix.
- Spread a little butter on the outer side of each slice of bread to prevent sticking to jaffle maker.
- Press hand into each slice to create a little bowl for spaghetti to sit in.
- Add spaghetti and grated cheese into the slices of bread, season to taste before placing another slice of bread onto each.
- Close and cook until bread is well toasted.