Spaghetti Meatball Soup with SMART Fibre Spaghetti
Cooking time: 25 minutes, serves 4
- 500g Vetta SMART Fibre Spaghetti
- 16 meatballs, you can use already prepared or homemade recipe
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- ¼ onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 600ml passata
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Add olive oil to a pan on medium heat and lightly fry meatballs for 5 minutes until slightly crispy on the outside and set aside.
- In the same pan lightly fry onion until slightly browned.
- In a large pot, bring beef stock, passata and water to a boil. Add basil, crushed tomatoes, salt and stir to combine.
- Stir in pasta and meatballs to the pot. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and parsley.