Spring Primavera Classic Penne
Cooking time: 15 minutes, serves 4
- 500g Vetta Classic Penne
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ¾ cup asparagus, cut into ribbons using a peeler
- 1 cup peas
- ½ cup zucchini thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Parmesan to serve (optional)
- Cook pasta according to packet directions in a large pan of salted, boiling water.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large fry pan, add the garlic and fry for one minute. Add the asparagus, peas and zucchini and fry for 1-2 minutes until tender.
- Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup cooking liquid.
- Add the lemon juice, zest and spinach to the vegetables. Stir through the Penne pasta, adding the reserved liquid if needed. Divide between four plates and garnish with pine nuts and parmesan (optional).