Zucchini Chilli and Herbed Ricotta Penne
Cooking time: 20 minutes, serves 4
- 375g Vetta Smart Pasta High Protein Low Carb Penne
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 400g (approx. 3 large) mixed courgettes (zucchini), finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large red chilli (seeds removed), finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated zest and juice of 1 Lemon
- 200g fresh ricotta
- 4 tablespoons fresh herbs chopped (parsley, chives, mint)
- Cook pasta according to packet directions in a large pan of salted, boiling water.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large fry pan on medium heat. Add zucchini, garlic, chilli and lemon zest and stir fry until golden for about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and add the lemon juice.
- Drain pasta, reserving ¼ cup cooking liquid and return pasta to the pan.
- Stir through the zucchini mix with cooked pasta, adding the reserved liquid if needed.
- Combine the ricotta, lemon and herbs and set aside.
- To serve, place pasta on each plate with the ricotta mix divided equally (approx. 50g) on top.