Avocado Pesto Classic Spirals
Cooking time: 15 minutes, serves 4
- 500g Vetta Classic Spirals
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, lightly packed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of ½ lime
- Juice of a small lemon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts (Reserve 2 tablespoons for serving)
- ¼ cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to packet directions in a large pan of salted, boiling water.
- In a food processor blend avocados, garlic, basil, olive oil, lime juice, lemon juice, salt and half the pine nuts and parmesan cheese until smooth. (If the mixture is too thick, add a tablespoon of water to reach the desired consistency).
- Drain the pasta and toss with the pesto. Garnish with remaining pine nuts.