Bacon & Mushroom Pasta with Vetta SMART Fibre Aussie Shapes
Prep: 5 min Cooking time: 20 min, serves 4
- 400g Vetta SMART Fibre Aussie Shapes Pasta
- 200g punnet of button mushrooms
- 8 rashers of streaky bacon
- 4 tbsp pesto of your choice
- 200ml cream for cooking or sour cream
- Basil leaves, to serve
- Cook the pasta in boiling water according to pack instructions. Meanwhile, slice the mushrooms and cut the bacon into bite-size pieces.
- Reserve a few drops of the pasta cooking water in a cup, then drain the pasta and set aside. Fry the bacon and mushrooms in the same pan about 5 mins, until golden.
- Keep the heat high so the mushrooms fry in the bacon fat, rather than sweat.
- Add the pasta and reserved water back into the pan and stir over heat for 1 min. Take the pan off the heat, add in the pesto and cream for cooking (or sour cream) and stir to combine. Finish with basil leaves to serve.