Broccoli Pesto and Sundried Tomato Corkscrew
Product not available.
Please try the recipe with our SMART Fibre and Protein Range
Cooking time: 5 minutes, serves 4
- 400g Vetta High Fibre Corkscrew Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- ¾ cup low fat grated mixed cheese
- Cook pasta according to packet directions in a large pan of salted, boiling water.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large fry pan. Sauté garlic for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, tomato paste and sugar. Increase heat to high and cook for 3 minutes. Stir through vinegar, pepper, salt and basil leaves.
- Drain pasta well and tip the pasta into the tomato sauce. Stir through the cheese and serve.
For a Baked Family Pasta:
Follow all steps above. Instead of stirring the cheese through the pasta and tomato sauce; place pasta mix into a baking dish and scatter cheese on top. Grill for 4 minutes until cheese is melted and golden. Serve immediately.