Burnt Butter Sage and Meatballs with Vetta Rural Aid Penne
Prep Time: 15 Cooking time: 15-20 minutes, serves 6
- 400g Vetta Rural Aid Penne
- 500g pork sausages
- 375g brown portabella mushrooms sliced into large pieces
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3 shallots finely chopped
- 10 large fresh sage leaves
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese for serving
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Cut skin off sausages then break off 2cm and roll into a ball, repeat to the rest of sausages
- Cook pasta as per package directions. Making sure it's al dente.
- Add olive oil to large pan on medium heat and add your meatballs and cook until slightly browned. Remove meatballs from pan.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, shallots to the same pan and cook until tender and browned about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the meatballs back to the pan and stir through and cook for 5-7min
- Melt butter in a small pot/pan on medium heat and then add sage leaves and cook until crispy but watch them carefully as the sage leaves can quickly start to burn to much
- Serve with a couple of sage leaves and pour over melted sage butter with parmesan cheese and season with cracked pepper.