Butter Chicken with Rural Aid Penne
Recipe created by @elleshungry
Cooking time: 25 minutes, serves 4
- 750G Vetta Rural Aid Penne Pasta
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (finely minced)
- 3 cloves of garlic (finely minced)
- 1kg chicken thighs (cut into small chunks)
- 4 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp garam masala
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tsp cumin
- Salt & pepper
- 300ml pure cream
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions, drain and set aside.
- Heat a medium saucepan over med heat. Add oil, butter and onions and cook until lightly browned (3-4 mins). Add ginger and garlic and cook for further 30 seconds, stirring so it doesn’t burn.
- Add the chicken, tomato paste and spices. Cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Add the cream and simmer for another 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Mix the penne pasta in with the butter chicken, sprinkle with a few chilli flakes and parsley and serve!