Homemade Basil Pesto with Vetta Rural Aid Fettuccine
Recipe created by @hungrybeargrazing
Prep time: 15min Cooking time: 15 minutes, serves 4
- 500g Vetta Rural Aid Fettuccine
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, washed, stemmed and finely packed
- 1/2 cup hemp oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, fresh + grated plus more for garnish
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp salt + fresh ground black pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus
- Olives to serve
- Cook the fettuccine in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions or until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and reserve 1 cup of the cooking water.
- While pasta is cooking, add the chopped garlic, toasted pine nuts, and finely grated parmesan cheese to a food processor/blender and process until smooth.
(Note: I used a blender to process the pesto paste as I like the chunky texture it produces)
- Then, add in the basil. Pulse a few times until chopped then let it run as you drizzle the hemp oil into the processor/blender as it runs until emulsified.
- Season with salt and pepper, give a squeeze of lemon juice, and whiz again until combined. Taste for seasoning and adjust to your liking.
- Toss the hot pasta with the pesto in a large bowl and add reserved cooking water ¼ cup at a time or until saucy.
- Top with desired veggies and toppings, season with more salt and pepper if desired, and garnish with parmesan cheese and olives (optional)