Kale Chips with Pancetta and Asparagus with SMART Protein Spirals
Cooking time: 25min, serves 5
- 375g Vetta SMART Protein Spirals
- 1 bunch kale, remove leaves from stems and tear into bite size pieces
- 200g Pancetta, chopped into 1cm squares
- 2 bunches asparagus, chopped into 4cm pieces – taking off the woody ends
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 Eschalot
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and cracked pepper
- Cook pasta according packet instructions, drain and reserve some cooking water and put aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Place kale onto a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt. Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, approximately 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Place a large pan on low/medium heat and add pancetta, Cook until crispy and set aside.
- With the same pan on low/medium heat add, garlic, chilli flakes and asparagus, cook until asparagus has softened. Adding a few tablespoons of pasta water to loosen if needed.
- Add pasta, parsley to pan and stir through until consistent.
- Serve with a good sprinkle of pancetta, cracked pepper and a side of kale chips.