Lemon Pound Cake with Vetta SMART Protein Flour
Prep & Baking time: 1hr 30min Serves: 12 slices
- 1 1/2 cup of Vetta Smart Protein Self Raising Flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 125g butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees. Grease and line a loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking soda.
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter with the sugar on medium speed until light & fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat well. Add in the lemon juice, zest and vanilla extract, and beat well until combined.
- On low speed, alternate adding a quarter of the flour mixture and a quarter of the sour cream to the butter mixture until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pan. Bake for about an hour, and for the last 20 minutes cover with foil. Bake until a skewer comes out mostly clean.
- Allow the cake to cook for 15 minutes in the pan and then move to a wire rack.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the glaze by stirring the lemon juice and icing sugar together, then pour the glaze over the cake while it’s warm.
Energy: 1086kJ / Protein: 5.3g / Fat: 12.2g / Sat Fat: 7.5g / Carbs: 32.4g / Sugar: 24.1g / Fibre: 1.7g / Sodium: 228mg