Pancetta with Asparagus and Chilli with SMART Protein Penne
Cooking time: 35min, serves 4
Recipe inspired by Neil Perry
- 375g Vetta SMART Protein Spirals
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 eschallots, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon red chilli flakes
- 120g pancetta, finely diced
- 1 bunch of parsley
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
- Salt and cracked pepper, to serve (optional)
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions, reserving half cup of cooking water and set aside.
- Cut asparagus into similar sizes as pasta (3-4cm).
- Heat the olive oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, chilli flakes, eschallots and pancetta with a pinch of salt. Cook until fragrant and oil is sizzling.
- After a couple of minutes add 2 tablespoons of pasta water and asparagus. Cook until asparagus has wilted, adding more pasta water to create a sauce.
- Serve immediately with shaved parmesan and extra cracked pepper (optional).