Pizza Pasta Bake with SMART Protein Spirals
Recipe created by @the_healthy_diary
Cooking time: 45 minutes, serves 6
- 350g Vetta SMART Protein Spirals
- 150g high protein spiral pasta, raw weight
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 medium capsicums (300g approx), chopped
- 75g chorizo, sliced I used this one for this recipe
- 300g pasta sauce or bolognese sauce
- 50g baby spinach
- 60g reduced-fat tasty cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Italian herbs, oregano, chilli flakes to taste
- Pre-heat oven at 180°C/350°F
- Cook pasta as per package directions. Make sure it’s al dente and not overcooked.
- Pre-heat a nonstick pan. Cook the garlic and onions until the onions become translucent. Add the capsicums and keep stirring through for 2 minutes.
- Stir through the chorizo slices and cook for a further 2 minutes to let all flavours blend together. Add the pasta sauce, bring to a boil and then let it simmer for 3-5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and spices. Remove from heat, stir through the baby spinach and set aside.
- Add the pasta and chorizo mix to a deep baking dish. Stir through with a fork. Sprinkle with cheese on top and bake for 15-20 minutes (depending how melted you like your cheese!).