SMART Fibre Spaghetti Basil Pesto with Kale
Cooking time: 25 minutes, serves 4
- 500g Vetta SMART Fibre Spaghetti
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh kale, tear stems out and discard
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 4 cloves garlic finely diced
- 100g parmesan, grated
- 100g Walnuts, crushed
- Salt and cracked pepper, to serve
Optional: To save time can use ready made pesto
- Preheat oven to 180deg
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions, reserving half a cup of cooking water and set aside.
- Place kale onto baking tray, drizzle over olive oil, season and place into oven until crispy, about 5-8min
- Into a blender, pour in 4 tablespoons of oil, add in parmesan, fresh basil and garlic mix. Blend until super smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add mixture from the blender and handful of kale leaving some for garnish to pasta and toss until mixed through.
- Garnish with crushed walnuts and a whole leaf of kale.