SMART Fibre Spaghetti with Sardines and Fresh Dill
Cooking time: 20min, serves 6
- 500g Vetta SMART Fibre Spaghetti
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup drained capers, patted dry
- 2 cups coarse fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 sprigs fresh dill, chopped
- 2 cans sardines in olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ cup white wine (optional)
- Salt and cracked pepper, to serve
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions, drain and reserve ½ cup cooking water and set aside (or you can use white wine, optional).
- Add olive oil and capers into a pan over medium heat and fry until they "bloom" and are just a shade darker, about 2 minutes. Set aside on paper towel.
- Toast bread crumbs in the same pan over medium heat for 3 minutes until golden. Transfer to a bowl adding capers and dill. Season with salt and pepper to taste, stir through until consistent.
- Add sardines to the same pan with crushed garlic, fry until sardines are crispy and sticking to the pan. Add the reserved cooking water (or white wine, optional) and add in pasta and toss until sauce is coated.
- Serve with seasoned bread crumbs and extra cracked pepper (optional).