Zucchini Slice with Vetta SMART Protein Flour
Created by @thehealthydiary
Prep & Baking time: 55min Serves: 4
- 1 cup of Vetta Smart Protein Self Raising Flour
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups zucchini noodles (about 2 zucchinis)
- 150g corn kernels
- Spices: paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper
- 1 onion cut into onion rings
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp monk fruit sweetener or coconut sugar
- 80g reduced-fat tasty cheese
- Preheat the oven at 180C/350F
- Preheat a non-stick pan and cook the corn kernels for 2 minutes until they become slightly brown. Season with spices. Remove and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add the onion rings and cook until they have softened a little, then add the vinegar and monk fruit/coconut sugar to start the caramelisation process.
- Cook onion over low heat for a further 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sticky and caramelised. Remove and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix all the eggs, almond milk, SMART protein flour, zucchini, and corn kernels. Season to taste and pour this mixture into a baking dish, top up with the caramelised onions and cheese and bake for 40 minutes.
- Estimated Nutrition Information, per serve: 320kcals // 23.5C 12.5F 25P