Butter Tofu with SMART Protein Penne
Cooking time: 35min, serves 4
Recipe inspired by Matt Preston
- 375g Vetta SMART Protein Penne
- 1 block of Firm Tofu
- ½ cup of light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of Tomato Paste
- 1 tablespoon of minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons of salt reduced soy sauce
- ½ cup of corn flour
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1 teaspoon of coriander
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of parsley
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- Olive oil
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the tofu block into cubes, and place it in a zip bag prepared to be mixed together with olive oil, corn flour, salt, pepper, cumin, and soy sauce. Shake the bag with all the ingredients together.
- Proceed to place the tofu in a tray and sprinkle extra corn flour for a crunchy texture if necessary.
- Bake the tofu for 25-30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add minced garlic and minced ginger.
- Proceed to add the tomato paste, and spices (garam masala, cumin, parsley, black pepper, sea salt, and coriander).
- Add the coconut milk to the paste and proceed to mix until creamy.