Chorizo with Cherry Tomato with SMART Protein Penne
Cooking time: 35min, serves 4
Recipe inspired by Matt Preston
- 375g Vetta SMART Protein Penne
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 500g fresh chorizo, casings removed and rolled into small balls
- 2 capsicums, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cans cherry tomatoes
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
- Salt and cracked pepper, to serve (optional)
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions, reserving half a cup of cooking water and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened. Add chorizo and cook until browned.
- Add capsicum, garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Add vinegar and cook stirring constantly for 1 min or until reduced slightly.
- Add 1 tablespoon cooking water and cherry tomatoes. Bring to the boil then simmer and cook for few minutes to develop flavour.
- Place the pasta into mixture then toss gently to combine.
- Serve with shaved parmesan and extra cracked pepper (optional)
via Delicious magazine