No knead bread with Vetta SMART Protein Flour
Prep & Baking time: 3 hrs Serves: 10 slices
- 3 cups of Vetta Smart Protein Plain Flour
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 2.5 cups warm water
- Extra Vetta Smart Plain Flour for dusting
- Combine the flour, yeast and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the water and use the handle of a wooden spoon to mix together. The dough should be wet and thick.
- Cover with a tea towel and leave for 2 hours until it doubles in volume.
- About half an hour prior to baking, pre-heat the oven to 230 degrees with a dutch oven warming inside.
- Sprinkle flour on the surface and using a dough scraper (or a large knife) fold the sides inwards to form a round shape. Transfer on to a piece of baking paper and placing in the dutch oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes with the lid on and then about 12 minutes uncovered or until gold & crispy.
Energy: 580kJ / Protein: 8.9g / Fat: 0.9g / Sat Fat: 0.16g / Carbs: 21.4g / Sugar: 1.0g / Fibre: 4.0g / Sodium: 467mg
In comparison to regular flour:
Energy: 596kJ / Protein: 4.8g / Fat: 0.7g / Sat Fat: 0.1g / Carbs: 28.2g / Sugar: 0.7g / Fibre: 1.0g / Sodium: 459mg