Pureed Parsnip and Crispy Bacon with SMART Protein Penne
Cooking time: 20 minutes, serves 4
- 375g Vetta SMART Protein Penne
- 450g fresh parsnip
- 100ml cream (or light cream)
- ¾ cup of frozen green peas
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 40ml olive oil
- 175g short cut bacon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley, to serve
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and put aside.
- For the garnish, slice one parsnip long ways with a drizzle of olive oil and honey and place into oven at 180°C for 15-20 mins until nicely browned.
- Steam the rest of the roughly chopped parsnip for 20 mins until soft.
- Place parsnip, cream, garlic, dash of olive oil, salt and pepper into a food processor and blend until creamy.
- Finely slice bacon and fry until crispy.
- Boil peas for 5 mins.
- Add bacon, peas and pureed parsnip to cooked pasta and stir through until evenly spread.
- Serve with the honey roasted parsnip and a sprinkle of parsley.