SMART Banana Bread with Vetta Flour
Best served with some butter or topped with yoghurt, honey & fresh bananas, this nutritious banana bread is a SMART choice for a healthier you!
Prep & Baking time: 1hr 15min Serves: 10 slices
- 1 1/2 cup of Vetta Smart Protein Plain Flour
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp golden syrup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup of walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease and line a loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Create a well in the centre of the mixture.
- In another bowl, combine the bananas, yoghurt, golden syrup, milk, eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- Slowly combine the wet mixture into the flour mixture.
- Once combined, pour into the loaf pan. Scatter the walnuts on the top.
- Bake for about an hour, and for the last 20 minutes cover with foil. Bake until a skewer comes out mostly clean.
Energy: 1370kJ / Protein: 9.2g / Fat: 13.6g / Sat Fat: 1.8g / Carbs: 40.9g / Sugar: 25.1g / Fibre: 3.8g / Sodium: 283mg