Savoury Sun-dried Tomato & Olive Muffins with Vetta SMART Protein Flour
Created by @hungrybeargrazing
Prep & Baking time: 40min Serves: 12 slices
- 1 1/3 Vetta SMART Protein Self Raising Flour
- 1 1/3 Vetta SMART Protein Plain Flour
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 tsp basil + oregano + parsley, dried 3 tsp in total
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped and drained
- 3/4 cup olives, pits removed and chopped
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut / olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- toppings: olives, seeds etc.
- Heat skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add coconut oil, onion, and garlic. Cook for 3 – 5 minutes until fragrant.
- Add basil, oregano, parsley, and spinach, cook for an additional 3 minutes until the herbs are combined and fragrant.
- Next, add sun-dried tomatoes and olives to the skillet and cook for approx. 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 200°c and grease muffin tin.
- In a large bowl combine flours and baking powder, mix to combine. Season with salt.
- Add water, oil, and apple cider vinegar to the same bowl.
- Followed by the cooked onion, sun-dried tomato, and olive elements. Mix until just combined (don't over-mix).
- Scoop batter into muffin tins, and garnish with olives. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool for approx. 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Serve with soup or a spread of butter and enjoy!
Notes: Muffins can be stored in an airtight container for 3 – 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. I would recommend enjoying them in real-time if possible.